Two Rivers Tributary Pinot Noir 2016
"Sourced from Brookby Hill Vineyard in the Southern Valleys, the grapes were hand harvested and partially de-stemmed before undergoing 50% wild fermentation. 30% whole bunch clusters were added to the ferment for an increased lift in aromatics and structure. The resulting wine was aged in 25% new and seasoned French oak barrels for 11 months. The wine was unfined and unfiltered."
Style Notes :
- Variety: 100% Pinot Noir
- Origin: New Zealand
- Locality: Brookby Hill Vineyard in the Southern Valleys
Tasting Notes :
- Colour/Appearance: Dark crimson in colour
- Aroma/Bouquet: Lifted aromas of violets, blueberries, red liquorice, chalk and a slight mushroom earthiness.
- Palate: Youthful with blackberry and raspberry flavours interlaced with barn yard, pepper, hazelnut husks and cigar box nuances.
- Cellaring: -
- Suggested Food: Rich, wild and game dishes