Two Rivers Clos Des Pierres Chardonnay
Clos des Pierres Chardonnay 2018. This elegant Chardonnay has wonderful minerality and flavours of orange blossom, lemon curd, honeysuckle and stone fruit mingled with toasted cumin seeds and struck match.
Style Notes :
- Variety: 100% Chardonnay
- Origin: New Zealand
- Locality: The Spring in the Wairau Valley with 27 year old Mendoza vines and extremely stony soils, and Brookby Hill Vineyard in the Southern Valleys with Clone15 and B95 vines
Tasting Notes :
- Colour/Appearance: Bright yellow in colour
- Aroma/Bouquet: Aromas of lemon curd and orange blossom mingled with hazelnut and struck match.
- Palate: Tightly knit, opening up to layers of tangelo, white peach, Tee Tree, Kaffir lime and sherbet, over toasted cashew and flinty flavours.
- Cellaring: -
- Suggested Food: Leek and onion tart, white bean purée and hard or smoked cheeses.