Duval-Leroy Brut Reserve
"Since 1859, Duval-Leroy family has been perfecting the quality of its non-vintage Brut Reserve, balancing passion with an aesthetic sensibility.
It is in this product that one can feel the unique power and character which marks out a top-of-the-range champagne. Consistency, expertise and a creative spirit ensure a success which needs no further demonstration.
The Maison Duval-Leroy revels in the art of blending Pinots and Chardonnays. Enriched with around fifteen crus and a generous quantity of reserve wines, Duval-Leroy Brut Reserve confirms its complexity and is recognised for its consistency.
Providing a perfect balance between finesse and power, it draws out flavours of dark chocolate, cinnamon and roasted yellow figs, expressing its subtle, melt-in-the-mouth vinosity. It was the only Champagne recognised by Wine Spectator magazine in its Top 100 classification for 2008."
Style Notes :
- Variety: Pinot Noir, Meunier, Chardonnay
- Origin: France
- Locality: Champagne
Tasting Notes :
- Colour/Appearance: Appearance straw gold & light bubbles
- Aroma/Bouquet: Dried biscuits with hints of chocolate
- Palate: Light bodied, nicely balanced and fresh
- Cellaring: -
- Suggested Food: Ideal as an aperitif wine, it also provides a subtle accompaniment to white meats.