As quoted from the Astrolabe site, "And now for something different. Wines in this range demonstrate Simon's innovative treatment of specific parcels of fruit and his willingness to challenge the 'everyday' winemaking process. Simon loves to experiment while capturing the raw, ethereal and sometimes undiscovered qualities of individual grape varieties."
Style Notes :
- Variety: 100% Riesling
- Origin: New Zealand
- Locality: Grovetown, Lower Wairau Valley, Marlborough, New Zealand
Tasting Notes :
- Colour/Appearance: Mid gold
- Aroma/Bouquet: Fresh apples, lime juice and lemon zest, with aromatic citrus flower in the background
- Palate: Zingy, fresh ripe lime and lemon flavours, crisp apples, and a long and clean zesty finish. A naturally sweeter style.
- Cellaring: This wine will continue to develop rewarding flavour and bottle complexity with ageing
- Suggested: Foods Try with crustaceans such as lobster mornay, white fish like sole and flounder, or Thai salads. The low alcohol makes the wine great for summer lunches
Click here for Tasting Note in PDF