Astrolabe Awatere Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2016
"The Awatere Valley is cool and windy, with lower soil fertility than other Marlborough valleys. Grapes tend to ripen slower and are smaller, making intense wines typically mineral in structure, with greater acid retention."
Style Notes :
- Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Origin: New Zealand
- Locality: Lower Dashwood and central southern Awatere Valley, Marlborough, NZ
Tasting Notes :
- Colour/Appearance: Pale straw with green highlights
- Aroma/Bouquet: Blackcurrant leaf, lime zest, lemongrass and elderflower
- Palate: Medium-bodied with white currants and preserved lemon, fresh herbs and a dry, savoury and weighty finish.
- Cellaring: Best enjoyed when young and fresh, but has the potential to age gracefully for many years.
- Suggested Food: Summer salads, salmon, seafood, including green-lipped mussels