Durvillea Marlborough Pinot Noir 2017
“Along our shores holding fast to the rocks at low tide is the seaweed Durvillea, named after the captain of the Astrolabe, Dumont D’Urville. For me this seaweed defines the ruggedness of our rocky coast.
The Durvillea Pinot Noir grapes are harvested at precisely the right moment to preserve the purity and intensity of flavour in my winemaking.”
- Simon Waghorn, Winemaker
Style Notes :
- Variety: 100% Pinot Noir
- Origin: New Zealand
- Locality: Lower Wairau, and Wrekin Valleys, and Kekerengu Coast Marlborough, NZ
Tasting Notes :
- Colour/Appearance: Bright garnet
- Aroma/Bouquet: Black and red cherries, forest fruits, strawberry conserve and spice, and an intriguing earthy complexity.
- Palate: Medium bodied with cherry and plum flavours, silky texture and long dry finish.
- Cellaring: -
- Suggested Food: Duck, lamb and venison as well.